DEVELOPMENT OF THE RAILWAY INFRASTRUCTURE ACROSS THE TRANS-EUROPEAN AND THE MAIN NATIONAL TRANSPORT AXES
Objective of the priority axe - building and development of the key railway infrastructure connections that are on a national, trans-border and European importance, as well as improvement of the operative compatibility of the main railway arteries.
Anticipated investment: 580 million Euro.
All activities are co-financed from the Cohesion Fund of EU.
Beneficiary - National Railway Infrastructure Company
- Construction, rehabilitation, modernization and electrification of the railway lines and sections in the frame of the trans-European transport axes and their adjacent infrastructure on a national, trans-border and European importance.
The improvement of the railway infrastructure will focus on achieving the quality standards of the EU and providing interaction through planned investments, in particular:
- Increasing the infrastructure productivity;
- Decreasing the costs (accordingly decreasing the taxes for using the infrastructure)
- Decreasing the time, required for crossing the borders;
- Improving the attractiveness of the railway stations;
- Implementation of a suitable infrastructure and conditions for mixed transport for the freight transport;
- Supporting high quality standard for safety of the railway network.